- Mexico (65) Apply Mexico filter
- HRD security and protection (53) Apply HRD security and protection filter
- Accompaniment (52) Apply Accompaniment filter
- Land, Territory and Enviromental Defenders (44) Apply Land, Territory and Enviromental Defenders filter
- Impunity (36) Apply Impunity filter
- Indigenous Peoples (29) Apply Indigenous Peoples filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (28) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Guerrero (26) Apply Guerrero filter
- Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (26) Apply Economic, Social and Cultural Rights filter
- Disappearances (25) Apply Disappearances filter
- Chihuahua (24) Apply Chihuahua filter
- Oaxaca (24) Apply Oaxaca filter
- Business and Human Rights (21) Apply Business and Human Rights filter
- Coahuila (21) Apply Coahuila filter
- Human rights legislation and policy (21) Apply Human rights legislation and policy filter
- Advocacy (20) Apply Advocacy filter
- Criminalisation (19) Apply Criminalisation filter
- Extrajudicial execution (11) Apply Extrajudicial execution filter
- Migration (10) Apply Migration filter
- Arbitrary detention (8) Apply Arbitrary detention filter
- Events (8) Apply Events filter
- Freedom of expression and association (8) Apply Freedom of expression and association filter
- Torture (7) Apply Torture filter
- Impunidad (4) Apply Impunidad filter
- Support Network (3) Apply Support Network filter
- Seguridad y protección de defensores/as (3) Apply Seguridad y protección de defensores/as filter
- Pueblos Indígenas (3) Apply Pueblos Indígenas filter
- Defensores de la Tierra, Territorio y Medio Ambiente (3) Apply Defensores de la Tierra, Territorio y Medio Ambiente filter
- México (3) Apply México filter
- Capacity Development (2) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Acompañamiento (2) Apply Acompañamiento filter
- Desapariciones (2) Apply Desapariciones filter
- Mujeres Defensoras de Derechos Humanos (2) Apply Mujeres Defensoras de Derechos Humanos filter
- Tortura (1) Apply Tortura filter
- Detenciones arbitrarias (1) Apply Detenciones arbitrarias filter
- Empresas y Derechos Humanos (1) Apply Empresas y Derechos Humanos filter
- Criminalización (1) Apply Criminalización filter
- Derechos Economicos, Sociales y Culturales (1) Apply Derechos Economicos, Sociales y Culturales filter
- Forced displacement (1) Apply Forced displacement filter
15 September 2020On August 30, the International Day of the Victims of Forced Disappearances was commemorated.
15 September 2020"The impunity that does not end": The Cerezo Committee presents its annual report on human rights defenders in MexicoOn the 24th of August, the organizations Acción Urgente para Defensores de Derechos Humanos A.C. (Urgent Action for Human rights Defenders – also known as ACCUDEH for its acronym in Spanish) , the Comité Cerezo México (Cerezo Committee Mexico) and the Campaña Nacional contra la Desaparición Forzada (National Campaign against Forced Disappearance) presented their 9th report called "Defending Human Rights in Mexico: The Impunity that does not end".
15 September 2020The Escazú Agreement is a Regional Agreement on Access to Information, Public Participation and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters in Latin America and the Caribbean, being the first human rights treaty that protects and favors the rights to information, participation, justice and security of people in environmental matters, based on Principle 10 of the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development.
17 August 2020On August 9, the International Day of Indigenous Peoples was commemorated under the theme "COVID-19 and the resilience of indigenous peoples", recognizing the effort of indigenous communities to seek their own solutions to the pandemic through knowledge and traditional practices1.
17 August 2020IX High-Level Dialogue on Human Rights between the European Union and Mexico: Civil society organizations deliver an extensive diagnosis on the human rights crisis in Mexico and make recommendations to the Mexican and European authoritiesOn July 10th, the IX High Level Dialogue on Human Rights took place between the European Union and Mexico, in which PBI participated as an international NGO from the European side. This edition of the Dialogue was marked by organizational difficulties; the annual meeting did not take place in 2019 as originally planned, while the impact of the global pandemic caused other issues. Civil society attempted to take advantage of this space to demand concrete actions regarding the deterioration of human rights in Mexico during recent years.
17 August 2020"We oppose development that reduces our forests, that destroys our lands" (...) With the pandemic we will have to live the rest of our lives. "Jorge Sibas, leader of the Brörán people and Costa Rican defender.
17 August 2020The human rights situation in the Montaña region of Guerrero: COVID-19 and the safety of human rights defenders(the following is an extract of a Joint Briefing by PBI-Mexico and Tlachinollan Human Rights Centre which has been circulated with the diplomatic corps)
17 August 2020According to the Mesoamerican Women Human Rights Defenders Initiative (Iniciativa Mesoamericana de Mujeres Defensoras de Derechos Humanos)1
13 July 2020PBI Mexico express deep concern about the serious events that occurred last month in the community of San Mateo del Mar, Oaxaca.
13 July 2020New threats against Consorcio Oaxaca: Civil society and national and international organizations express their concern and demand guarantees for the safety of human rights defenders.Civil society organizations, government institutions and international community spoke out against threats received by Consorcio Oaxaca and claimed immediate actions by Mexican Government to protect its staff.