- Mexico (65) Apply Mexico filter
- HRD security and protection (53) Apply HRD security and protection filter
- Accompaniment (52) Apply Accompaniment filter
- Land, Territory and Enviromental Defenders (44) Apply Land, Territory and Enviromental Defenders filter
- Impunity (36) Apply Impunity filter
- Indigenous Peoples (29) Apply Indigenous Peoples filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (28) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Guerrero (26) Apply Guerrero filter
- Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (26) Apply Economic, Social and Cultural Rights filter
- Disappearances (25) Apply Disappearances filter
- Chihuahua (24) Apply Chihuahua filter
- Oaxaca (24) Apply Oaxaca filter
- Coahuila (21) Apply Coahuila filter
- Human rights legislation and policy (21) Apply Human rights legislation and policy filter
- Business and Human Rights (21) Apply Business and Human Rights filter
- Advocacy (20) Apply Advocacy filter
- Criminalisation (19) Apply Criminalisation filter
- Extrajudicial execution (11) Apply Extrajudicial execution filter
- Migration (10) Apply Migration filter
- Freedom of expression and association (8) Apply Freedom of expression and association filter
- Arbitrary detention (8) Apply Arbitrary detention filter
- Events (8) Apply Events filter
- Torture (7) Apply Torture filter
- Impunidad (4) Apply Impunidad filter
- Pueblos Indígenas (3) Apply Pueblos Indígenas filter
- Defensores de la Tierra, Territorio y Medio Ambiente (3) Apply Defensores de la Tierra, Territorio y Medio Ambiente filter
- México (3) Apply México filter
- Support Network (3) Apply Support Network filter
- Seguridad y protección de defensores/as (3) Apply Seguridad y protección de defensores/as filter
- Desapariciones (2) Apply Desapariciones filter
- Mujeres Defensoras de Derechos Humanos (2) Apply Mujeres Defensoras de Derechos Humanos filter
- Capacity Development (2) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Acompañamiento (2) Apply Acompañamiento filter
- Forced displacement (1) Apply Forced displacement filter
- Tortura (1) Apply Tortura filter
- Detenciones arbitrarias (1) Apply Detenciones arbitrarias filter
- Empresas y Derechos Humanos (1) Apply Empresas y Derechos Humanos filter
- Criminalización (1) Apply Criminalización filter
- Derechos Economicos, Sociales y Culturales (1) Apply Derechos Economicos, Sociales y Culturales filter
9 December 2010PBI Mexico: PBI accompanied organisation - the Me'phaa Indigenous People (OPIM) - awarded Human Rights PrizeThe General Council of Spanish Lawyers Awards the 2010 Human Rights Prize to the Organisation of the Me'phaa Indigenous People (OPIM) who are accompanied by PBI. The Mexican journalist Rosa Isela Pérez and the Iranian human rights defenders Mohammad Mostafaeí, Nasrin Sotoudeh and Javid Houtan have also received prizes. The Organisation of the Indigenous Me´phaa People (OPIM), from the State of Guerrero in Mexico, has won the Human Rights Award in the category 'institutions'.
22 November 2010PBI Mexico: The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights grants precautionary measures to Juan Manual Martinez MorenoOaxaca.- The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights (ICHR) has ordered precautionary measures in favour of Juan Manuel Martinez Moreno and his family, requesting the Mexican Government to adopt the necessary means to guarantee their lives and physical integrity.
20 November 2010On November 11, in the state of Oaxaca, José Alberto Donis of the 'Hermanos en el Camino' migrant shelter, suffered physical aggressions and death threats against both himself and his colleague Father Alejandro Solalinde. These attacks represent an increase in the risk which risks for the staff of the shelter, which provides humanitarian and legal aid to migrants. PBI would like to communicate its profound concern for the security of Father Solalinde and his colleagues.
19 November 2010PBI Mexico Interview with Father Solalinde: “The Mexican State should stop criminalising humanitarian assistance”<media 7142>Entrevista 22</media>
12 November 2010Amnesty International and Mexican actor and producer Gael García Bernal, have launched a series of films depicting the plight of irregular migrants in Mexico.
12 November 2010The International Bar Association Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI) has written to Mexican President Felipe Calderón to demand that the Mexican State fully comply with the sentence emitted by the Inter American Court of Human Rights in the case of the forced disappearance of Rosendo Radilla.
12 November 2010
22 October 2010David Valtierra Arango, Genaro Cruz Apóstol y Silverio Matías Domínguez, members of Radio Ñomndaa, a community project of the indigenous amuzgo group of Xochistlahuaca, Guerrero, have been condemned to three years and two months in prison, as well as the payment of a fine of 1,753 Mexican Pesos. PBI has followed the legitimate and respected community work of Radio Ñomndaa for several years, and has previously expressed its concern for the security of its members, who have often reported harassment and aggressions against them.
22 October 2010
22 October 2010PBI Mexico's training will take place in may 2011. We are open to receive applications from now until end of January 2011. For more information click here.